Turn your frustrations into cash!
– Can’t figure out whether to push or pull the doors open in Clough?
– Why do the University House exterior stairs cut off before they reach the top?
– Why are the Woodruff shower handles backwards so you always burn or freeze yourself?
– Which Peachtree is the right Peachtree to get where you’re going?
Here’s your chance to vent about all those annoying and poorly designed nuisances you encounter in your daily life. You might even win money with your choice of bad design!
- 1st place – $75
- 2nd place – $50
- 3rd place – $25
Plus, network with industry judges, add to your portfolio, and see your work in promotional materials!
Due Date: 11/8/17
- Title of submission
- Your name
- Your email
- Area of study
- 1 page: Problem description
- 1 page: Proposed solution
- Group submissions are allowed. (One cash prize will be awarded to be split among members.)
- One submission per person/group
- PDF or Word document (2-page and 500-word maximum)
- Pictures optional but helpful. Everything must fit into the page limit.
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the winners of HFES-GT Bad Design Atlanta 2016!
1st Place – Connie Xie: Stairs to Nowhere
2nd Place – Aditi Dhar: To Pull or to Push
3rd Place – Marcellus Pleasant: Shiverburn Showers
First Place: Teng Shao, Swimsuit Water Extractor
Second Place: Mengqi Chen, Bus Hand-grips
Third Place: Jimmy Zhong, Pedestrian Crossing